Sunday, February 24, 2008

Is you are or Is you ain't...

I have female friend in her early thirties who won’t date any guys more than 5 years older than her. Since she’s a spokes model for consumer goods she’ll probably still attract guys in her age group for another 5 years. I told her that I have another friend who married someone 30+ years older and after 5 years got divorced and received $10 million in the settlement.

After thinking about it for a moment she said if I introduced her to the right older guy she might consider it. Now that I know her agenda I really don’t feel like introducing her to anybody. So let me ask you this. Are there women who are genuinely attracted to much older guys or is it always a tender trap to get their money?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is not always the case. It depends what she brings to the table if she is a golddigger and the older gentleman doesn't mind being lightend
of his load shame on him. I have a few personal wealthy men who married women much younger and everyone eventually paid the price. At least the ones without common children got away with their balls still intact.
Veridict if you are an older man, never marry a younger woman, just rent her, she is not going anywhere
until she finds a better deal then you spare yourself the pain and expense of divorce.

Anonymous said...

I have known only a few women who are genuinely attracted to older guys (10 to 15 yrs. their senior) but for the most part the majority of women that are attracted to older men are gold diggers or just looking for a sugar daddy. These women always gravitate to the money!

Anonymous said...

Women are all Capitalist by day seeking equality in the workplace and Socialist at night in the social scene seeking someone to take care of them.

Women have an attitude of entitlement and seek redistribution of wealth.

Anonymous said...

The Census Bureau statistics prove that marriage is on the decline...Why are men increasingly saying no to marriage and relationships?

I believe that men are finally realizing that they don’t have to get married and don’t want to get married. They are tired of playing a losing game where the odds are stacked against them. As a modern man, to me matrimony equals alimony — not the historical beliefs of safety, comfort, and love.

When a million women march on the Mall in Washington, DC, demanding that our elected officials restore dignity to men and fathers and the family unit, then men will become convinced that women truly believe in matrimony — not just the entitlements of alimony and child support.

PaulineyM said...

I dated a guy for two years who was 17 years older than me (30 vs 47) and even though he was wealthy I wasn't in it at all for the cash. In fact, dating him inspired me to work harder and achieve more, because I wanted to be an equal, or as close as I could get.

Anonymous said...

For the past 8 months I have been dating a woman 26 years younger than me (Im 52). I have known her for years as she was my cousin's kid's nanny. I ran into her a little over 8 months ago at a family function at which she took pictures of my family and me, and requested my e-mail address so she can send me copies. With the pictures, came her phone number and a request to call her. We've been together since. She is in no way a gold digger. She pays for for many of our dates (I NEVER asked her to and fight her over this) and has taken me away on a weekend trip. Almost all of the women I have dated since my divorce 12 years ago have been at least 10 years younger than me and none of my long term relationships had ulterior motives (read gold diggers) in seeing me. I have known guys that have dated younger, obvious gold diggers, but as Im sure most of you know, you can spot them a mile away and date them at your own risk (and reward). Suprisingly, I have had several short term relationships with much younger "dancers". While these women were not the smartest in the bunch, none tried to take advantage of me financially and were quiet fun for the short term.

Anonymous said...

I am in my mid 20s and genuinely like older men (40 range).Although majority of women like older guys for money, there are some of us that don't. I agree that it is also up to the guy whether or not he wants to be taken advantage of. Golddiggers don't keep their agendas hidden for long.